Qualifications under ELICOS Sector:
• General English: The primary focus is on improving the English level in the area of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Students will be tested prior commencement to identify the English level and will be classed base on the level ranging from Elementary to Advanced. And the student will be tested regularly to see if the student can progress to the next level. • English for Academic Purpose (EAP): The primary focus is to equip the international students with academic English to prepare them for their future study in Australia. The duration of the course is generally between 10 to 12 weeks. • Secondary School Preparation: The primary focus is to prepare the international students for their high school study, to allow them to familiarise with the future learning style and learning environment.
• Examination Preparation: The primary focus is to prepare the international students for a variety of English exams that are available, including International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Cambridge English Language Assessment (KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC). • English for Specific Purposes (ESP): This is often specially catered for a group of students with the same needs.
• Business English: The primary focus is to equip the students with the language used in the specific business working environment. • Short Course: This is often referred as Study Tour where a group of international students will come to Australia together to experience the learning environment and lifestyle.
Minimum English Entry Requirement for International Students
• High School Sector: varies depending on the Year level – Year 10: IELTS 5.0 or TOELF iBT 35, Year 11: IELTS 5.5 or TOELF iBT 46, Year 12: IELTS 6.0 or TOELF iBT 60
• VET Sector: IELTS 5.5 or TOELF 530 ISLPR 2+ or equivalent
• University Foundation Course: IELTS 5.5 or TOELF iBT 70 or equivalent
• Higher Education Sector: IELTS 6.0 - 6.5 or TOELF iBT 80 - 90 or equivalent
CRICOS Provider Code 02663M
Browns English Language School
BROWNS is the award winning «English Language School in the Southern Hemisphere », it is so much more than English courses in Australia. We are committed to making your experience in Australia as pleasant as possible in both inside and outside the classrooms. At BROWNS you will be offered the great opportunity to study English in an English-speaking country, with all the excitement of living and studying in Australia as an added bonus ! Our language courses are taught by experienced teachers to a very high standard, who can offer you a wide range of English courses to suit your needs and requirements.
At BROWNS we offer a wide range of English courses in our Brisbane and Gold Coast campuses to satisfy your personal/professional needs. From General English courses, preparation courses for international exams to innovative programs that combine the English lessons with work experience and sports.
CRICOS Provider Code 01682E
There are many different ways to learn English, but we strongly believe there's no better way than learning face-to-face. That's why for the last 40 years we've perfected the art of classroom-based English courses with professional teachers in some of the world's most exciting English-speaking locations.
Designed to get great results, our modern school has bright classrooms, places to socialise, a quiet library and interactive technology (it’s not surprising over 96% of our students recommend Embassy Brisbane). Our location in the city-centre, close to public transport, makes it easy to explore. Try and master the different English accents you’ll hear every day in this affordable city on the Brisbane River. Learning continues outside the classroom with our exciting social programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 01351B
SPC Group is fully committed to excellence in teaching. Our teachers are all highly trained professionals.
SPC Group requires that all teachers have a minimum of a 3 year degree and English language teaching certificate, as well as significant experience in the field of education and teaching.
SPC Group is an English language college with a difference which deserves its high reputation. Enjoy your student life with us and get the best results in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
General English Course
General English Course (GEC) is designed to help students improve their speaking, listening, writing and reading skills for use in a range of work and social situations. GEC has levels from Beginner to Advanced, so no English test or minimum level of English proficiency is required to enrol. This is a fulltime course in which students have 20 hours per week of classes supervised by a teacher.
CRICOS Provider Code 02885G
International House Brisbane - ALS
If you are looking for a great school to learn English with, and a great city to do it in, then you are in the right place. We welcome you to Brisbane, and to IH Brisbane – ALS for the English experience of a lifetime.
IH Brisbane – ALS wants your stay in Australia to be one you will remember all your life. Our friendly staff and teachers will help you achieve your goals, whether for further study in Australia or simply to learn English.
Study with International House
We want to make studying a language with International House an exciting, challenging and fulfilling experience. For many it is a life-changing one too.
Whether you choose to learn English, or one of 30 other languages available, all schools are committed to delivering the very highest standards in teaching, facilities and customer care.
CRICOS Provider Code 00031D
Navitas English is one of the largest and most respected of Australia’s quality English language providers offering English language tuition and teacher training to domestic and international students, and settlement services to migrants and refugees to Australia. Navitas English operates across 18 Australian locations and in Singapore, employs more than 1,000 dedicated staff and delivers programs to than 25,000 students and clients each year.
Why Navitas English?
When you study with Navitas English, you'll get all the help and support you need to learn and succeed.
As Australia's #1 English network, with over 30 years experience, we'll provide you with a range of great services and unique opportunities so you can be confident using English wherever you go.
CRICOS Provider Code 02137M
ILSC Education Group
At Ilsc Australia, choose from more than 70 English courses and programs and build a study schedule combining subjects that match your personal interests, goals and dreams.
Many students choose General English study and then choose their courses to build their own unique schedule. We offer courses in areas like Communication, Business English, Academic and Test Preparation, and Creative and Cultural English.'
CRICOS Provider Code 02746G
Queensland Academy of Technology
QAT was established 7 years ago, but in this short time it has become well-known as one of the top academic English language and Vocational training schools in Brisbane- a place where students can be confident they will receive the help and support they need to realise their dreams!
For many students this can be an exciting time in which to expand their academic and personal life experiences. At QAT, we hope that you will experience many cultures in an environment of cultural harmony and empowerment where you will be able to achieve your academic and personal goals.
You will learn English with experienced and dynamic teachers who will help you to communicate and share your ideas. Being a part of this process will open a whole new world of learning where you will begin to achieve more than you dreamed of. QAT aims to assist our students by opening up pathways to go on to further studies and to achieve other personal goals.
At QAT, students will not only leave with important life skills in communication and negotiation, but also great friendships. Our graduates are encouraged to continue to communicate with us as we care about them even after they have finished their courses with us.
Our focus on the academic success of our students has resulted in many happy students achieving their goals, sometimes much sooner than they dreamed of! Our teachers are all native speakers, mostly from Australia, but also from countries like England and America. Our teachers are all highly-qualified, however, we also provide them with on-going support and training, to ensure that their classes are as interesting and effective as possible.
We have the latest computers with fast Internet connection, which can facilitate our computer assisted programs. Students are welcome to use designated computers during their breaks, and outside of class times for their personal research and use.